How to remove write protection from pen drive
Whether you call it USB stick, pen drive, jump drive, or thumb drive, there are several ways to turn write protection on and off for both your device and its contents. The approach that works best varies from user to user based on their needs. To proceed, select a method from the list below, read the description, and follow the instructions
How to remove write protection from pen drive (Write protection switch)
Some USB flash drives have a write protection or read only switch on the side or bottom in a usb Flash Drive This feture is useful for keeping the contents and is prepare usb drive to safe from malware when you need to view file on a without antivirus normal computer. If usb device has this feture so move it to the on this feture position. This action effectively sets all files, and the device itself, to read only
How To Using DiskPart to change read-only settings
For disable enable write protection You can use the Windows DiskPart command line utility to enable or disable read-only mode on your removable disk.
- For disable enable write protection Press Windows+R open the Run box Type diskpart and press enter.
- you receive a User Account Control prompt and it is asking you for permission click on to continue, click Yes.
3. At the DISK PART>prompt, type list disk and press enter.
From the size of the disk, you should be able to figure out which one is your removable disk.
this example we are know very well that Disk 1 is our removable USB thumb drive because its size is listed as 32 GB
Select your removable disk & External Drive with the select disk command. In this example, we want to work with disk 1 so the command is select disk 1
5. You can list the disable enable write protection attributes of the disk with the command attributes disk.
6. To clear the read-only attribute (making the disk writable), use the command to disable enable write protection attributes disk clear read only
to set the disable enable write protection read-only attribute (making the disk write protected),to use this command and set a attributes disk set read only
When you are finished, type exit to quit the program.